Python is an object-oriented, high-level, interpreted language with dynamic semantics and easy syntax. This language is open source and is primarily used for app and web development. It can be used for developing even commercial applications for free. Because Python is interpreted language, the user doesn’t have to compile it to run. An interpreter program can run this language code on any type of computer. This allows the programmer to see the results as soon as the changes are made by him.
Python is easy to learn compared to other languages as the syntax of Python focuses on readability. Python code is also easy to read and translate than other high-level languages. The cost to maintain and develop the program reduces because the teams can collaboratively work on it regardless of their experience.
What can be done with Python?
Some of the main applications of Python are given below.
- Data Analysis-You can visualize and analyze data in the form of charts using this language.
- Web Development-Django and Flask, which are web frameworks, are based on this language. With these, the programmers can write server-side code that helps them in managing database, mapping URLs, etc.
- Scripting-It is nothing but writing programs for automating simple tasks. Python programming language can also be used for these types of applications.
- Machine Learning-Machine Learning is to develop a logic that a machine can easily learn and give solutions to a specific problem. Many machine learning applications can be written in Python. For instance, product recommendation in e-commerce sites such as Amazon, etc.
- Developing Games-Python language is used even for developing games.
Main Features of Python Programming Language
- Python can be used in many operating systems, such as Unix, Linux, Mac, Windows, etc.
- This programming language is free to use. Anyone can distribute the software’s copy or read and modify its source code.
- Python is a high-level programming language and thus very easy to understand and learn.
- It is an open-source and readable programming language.
- Python has a standard library with many functions and codes that can be used while developing a program in Python.
Python is an important programming language that is used for several purposes. Debugging errors in Python is very easy and efficient because the codes in it are compiled line-by-line. Python is widely used for processing text, solving scientific questions, saving data and displaying images and numbers. Due to this, Python’s popularity is growing rapidly.